Três Poços Farm

Cultural Heritage - Volta Redonda


 

Photo Gallery

Três Poços Farm. Photo: Isabela Kassow/Diadorim Ideias
< >

Browse the Map

The land that originated Três Rios Farm had Mateus Pereira de Araújo e Oliveira as its first owner. He acquired it in 1784. The farm had other owners and, in 1860, experienced its most prosperous era under the command of Commander Lucas Antonio Monteiro de Barros, reaching a production of 22,000 "arrobas" (an ancient Portuguese unit of measure which stands for 25 pounds) and 330 tons of coffee beans, 

 

Três Poços Farm. Photo: Isabela Kasow/Diadorim Ideias.

 

Its headquarters was built around the 1840s and the Três Poços River runs through its land. The farm has still preserved a mill for the extraction of castor oil used for the supply of lamps.

 

Três Poços Farm. Photo: Isabela Kasow/Diadorim Ideias.

 

Currently, the farm is occupied by the University Center of Volta Redonda (UniFOA) associated to Oswaldo Aranha Foundation. It is the largest and main campus of the institution where administrative sector and various educational units work there. The interior of the main house of the farm was modified to accommodate classrooms and laboratories.


General Information

Address: Paulo Erlei Alves Abrantes Avenue, 1325, Três Poços, Volta Redonda.
Phone: (+55 24) 3340-8400 / 3340-8404
Website: http://www.unifoa.edu.br/visita-orientada
Opening hours:

Visits under schedule.

Secretaria de Cultura do Estado do Rio de Janeiro Petrobras

Apple Store Google Play

Coordination and Content Production    Diadorim ideias & comunicações