São Luiz da Boa Sorte Farm

Cultural Heritage - Vassouras


 

Photo Gallery

< >

Browse the Map

Dating from 1835, São Luiz da Boa Sorte Farm is the result of the union of two important properties of the Coffee Cycle, the farms of São Luiz and Boa Sorte which belonged to the brothers Gomes Ribeiro de Avelar.

After a thorough restoration carried out in the 2000s by architects João Reis and Gilmar Peres, the farm today invests in rural tourism. It offers guided visits to its rooms decorated with a collection of furniture from the 18th and 19th centuries.

São Luiz da Boa Sorte Farm. Photo: Isabela Kassow/Diadorim Ideias

One of the main attractions of the tour is the prince's room, created to receive the Count D'Eu, Princess Isabel's husband, on his visit to the city of the Barons of Coffee in 1876. Other charms are the priest and the maiden's room, the soiree room, the porch alcove, the equestrian center and centenary palm trees donated by the former Court, adorning the entrance of the headquarters property.

Church at São Luiz. Photo: Isabela Kassow/Diadorim Ideias

The chapel of Saint Louis, built some 170 years ago, completes the list of attractions of the farm. at the oratory, monthly Masses, on every 25th, are held in honor of Frei Galvão, the first saint born in Brazil.

The church of Saint Louis every month receives hundreds of people from the region and from the state. After the religious ceremonies, the famous miracle pills by Frei Galvão are distributed. São Luiz da Boa Sorte Farm is part of the Coffee Valley Festival circuit, held in mid-July. Nestor Rocha and Liliana Rodrigues are its current owners.


General Information

Address: Lúcio Meira Road (BR 393), km 210
Phone: (+55 21) 99250-9798
E-mail address: faz.saoluiz@gmail.com
Website: www.fazendasaoluizdaboasorte.com.br

Secretaria de Cultura do Estado do Rio de Janeiro Petrobras

Apple Store Google Play

Coordination and Content Production    Diadorim ideias & comunicações