Santo Antonio do Paiol Farm

Other Attractions - Valença


 

Browse the Map

Built on land owned by Manoel Antônio Esteves since 1850, the farm opened in 1852 and was under the care of the Esteves family until 1969, when donated to the religious institution Congregação da Pequena Obra da Divina Providência (São Luís Orione), which is responsible for caring for the farm to this day. Dedicated to agriculture and livestock production, the farm is listed by Instituto Estadual do Patrimônio Cultural-Inepac (State Institute of Cultural Heritage) and offers cultural guided tours which last for one hour.

Hermit friars are the tour guides and tours end with a snack of cornbread made at the property. Larger groups can schedule for accommodation - there are 24 rooms available. The stay includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Eremitério Ave Maria, a monastery for the friars, is located within the farm. Gregorian chant masses happen on Sundays at 10am. 


General Information

Address: RJ 145 Road, Esteves – Valença/RJ
Phone: (+55 24) 2458-4720
E-mail address: fazendaesteves@yahoo.com.br

Secretaria de Cultura do Estado do Rio de Janeiro Petrobras

Apple Store Google Play

Coordination and Content Production    Diadorim ideias & comunicações