Santo Antônio de Pádua Main Church

Cultural Heritage - Santo Antônio de Pádua


 

Located downtown Pádua, the Main Church had its construction completed in 1942. The exuberance of the building is enhanced by the beauty of its artistic painting and the magnificence of the cross on top of the tower. The plan is by architect José Benavente, executed by Italian worker Francisco Di Poli. The cornerstone was laid on April 2, 1933. The church stands out for the richness and quantity of parts and religious objects, including images and painted panels on the walls. On the ceiling, there is a painting that depicts Adam and Eve as in the Bible.

 

Santo Antônio de Pádua Main Church. Photo: Cris Isidoro / Diadorim Ideias


General Information

Address: Pereira Lima Square, Downtown
Phone: (+55 22) 3851-0239

Browse the Map

Secretaria de Cultura do Estado do Rio de Janeiro Petrobras

Apple Store Google Play

Coordination and Content Production    Diadorim ideias & comunicações