Saint Joseph Church

Cultural Heritage - Itatiaia


 

The chapel that originated the current Saint Joseph Main Church, the patron saint of Itatiaia, was built in 1839.


Saint Joseph Church. Photo: Isabela Kassow/Diadorim Ideias

According to official records, that year, the Ecclesiastical Parsonage of Saint Joseph of Campo Belo, the city's old name, was installed.

Construção é do século XIX. Foto: Isabela Kassow/Diadorim Ideias

The chapel of the main church was probably constructed on lands donated by Silvéria Soares Lucinda with the condition of invoking Saint Joseph, the family's guardian.


General Information

Address: Mariana Rocha Leão Square, Itatiaia.
Phone: (+55 24) 3352-1215

Browse the Map

Secretaria de Cultura do Estado do Rio de Janeiro Petrobras

Apple Store Google Play

Coordination and Content Production    Diadorim ideias & comunicações