Campo de São Bento Park

Other Attractions - Niterói


 

Photo Gallery

Campo de São Bento Park. Photo: Cris Isidoro/ Diadorim Ideias
< >

Browse the Map

The Campo de São Bento Park, whose official name is Prefeito Ferraz Park, was listed by the city administration, in 1990. Land of the Monastery of Saint Benedict as of 1697, the park was urbanized in 1908, according to the Belgian landscape engineer Arséne Puttemans' project. Major public urban garden in Niterói, it spans an area of ??36,000 square meters, with flower beds, an artificial lake, children's toys, a small amusement park and, on weekends, a large arts and crafts fair.

 

The landscaping is inspired by the English Romanticism. The bandstand, with its decorated columns, grids, and roof, was listed by the Instituto Estadual do Patrimônio Cultural-Inepac (State Institute of Cultural Heritage), in 1985, as a landmark of the popular romanticism of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

 

Campo de São Bento Park headquarters the Joaquim Távora School, the Paschoal Carlos Magno Cultural Center, and the Júlia Cortines Kindergarten. Moreover, several cultural attractions are often promoted throughout the year, such as exhibitions, book launches, concerts, courses, and films and videos exhibitions. The park is surrounded by Lopes Trovão, Domingues de Sá, Gavião Peixoto Streets and Roberto Silveira Avenue.


General Information

Address: Edmundo de Macedo Soares e Silva Avenue, Icaraí, Niterói
Phone: (+55 21) 2711-3266
Opening hours:

Everyday, from 6am to 10pm.

Secretaria de Cultura do Estado do Rio de Janeiro Petrobras

Apple Store Google Play

Coordination and Content Production    Diadorim ideias & comunicações